Elizabeth Bevilacqua on 20 Nov 2008 10:22:53 -0800

[PLUG] Fwd: [Ubuntu PA] NTR Imaging party!!!

For those of you not on the Ubuntu Pennsylvania mailing list and
interested, Kevin Valentine sent this message out yesterday about our
ongoing Non-Profit Technology Resources (NTR) project. We're hosting a
party on Saturday December 6th to do the Xubuntu installations.
Details below.

Yes, you have to be there by 10AM, but there will be food! :)

http://ubuntupennsylvania.org/?p=33

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/CommunityOutreachTeam/NTRDualBootImage

Cheers.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Valentine <kevin.valentine@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:20 PM
Subject: [Ubuntu PA] NTR Imaging party!!!
To: Ubuntu Pennsylvania LoCo Team <ubuntu-us-pa@lists.ubuntu.com>

What:    NTR Imaging party!!!
Project: NTR Dual Boot Re-Image Project
When:    Dec. 6, 2008, 10am - 2pm
Where:   Nonprofit Technology Resources (NTR)
        1524 Brandywine Street
        Philadelphia PA 19130
        215-564-6686

After over 3 months of work, this is project has finally matured enough
to move to the next level:
 >>> Installing hard drives with Xubuntu on them to about 20 of NTR's
desktop PCs <<<

The Xubuntu drives have been created and tested ... well, almost
tested.  They have only been installed and booted on a few desktop PCs.
We need to confirm that our Xubuntu image is generic enough to work on
most of NTR's desktop PCs.  The best way to do this is to install the
xubu drives into a wide variety of PCs and run them.

We have the drives.
We have the PCs.
We need YOU!

PS: it's rumored there will be cake of the oreo cookie variety present
at this gathering

And for any of you newcomers, check out the wiki page for more details:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/CommunityOutreachTeam/NTRDualBootImage

Please subscribe to our LoCo calendar to stay updated on future meetings:
http://ubuntupennsylvania.org/calendar/

Elizabeth Bevilacqua // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com