Kirk Beideman on 1 Dec 2008 07:30:06 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Network Monitoring System Recommendations

On 11/29/2008 07:57 pm, Casey Bralla wrote:
> I need to install some network monitoring software.   I don't need anything
> too sophisticated; just monitoring of publicly available data such a
> presence/absence of key services such as ssh, ping return, IMAP, Web
> server, etc.
>

> I've used Nagios before, but find it a little awkward to set up.  I've
> looked at Zabbix,but it also seems too complex.   Sysmon seems too simple.
>
> Anybody have a recommendation?

I use Zabbix without any major complaints.  Its actually not that difficult to
use.  It does use an agent that needs to be installed, but there are agents
for both Win and linux.  Once you understand the basics its easy to setup and
very flexible.

--
Kirk Beideman
beidemank@comcast.net