Andrew Libby on 2 Dec 2008 09:53:04 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: Why bashing Google?...

Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 11:35:42AM -0500, Fred Stluka wrote:
>> 1.  What has Google done to violate your trust?
>>
>> 2.  What are you concerned that Google may do in the future?
>>
>> 3.  Is Google better/worse than most companies in these regards?
>
> 4. Why are you starting Yet Another Holy War on the list when there
>    are 2.4 million hits (on Google!) for "is google evil"?

Hi Walt,

I'm not sure why we can't have mature discussion on the
topic.  If having been discussed before or may be evocative
of passion are exclusion criteria for our discussions here,
things would be really, really quiet.

Maybe I'm missing something from a charter forbidding it,
but I appreciate good discussion and debate.  This is a good
group with a decent ratio of mature and intelligent folks.
I'd be pretty disappointed if I could only tune into talk of
system calls and kernel modules here.

Anyway, getting off the soap box.

Thanks.

Andy