rmsolino on 10 Dec 2008 19:47:36 -0800

[PLUG] Xen-a-Dont

I've been noodling around with the Xen kernel that aptitude installs.
(I haven't even tried booting a guest yet, this issue is all within Dom0)

When I reboot, the system will hang between freeing up the swap
and unmounting the filesystems. After some trial and error (poking around)
I found I could make this happen everytime, all I need to do is run X
(either on the console, or an application remotely). No X, no problem.

The PC is a chop-socky hyperthreading socket 478 deal, should I just
save up for a VT-pro rig, try to build Xen from source, or ...?