Mag Gam on 13 Dec 2008 22:59:06 -0800

Re: [PLUG] To buy or to lease

I noticed on some vendor sites, HP for instance, I can buy a server
for 20k, but lease it for 48 months for $100 dollars.

$100 x 48 = $4800

After 2 years the equipment would be obsolete anyway. Is this flawed logic?

Also, can't you write of deprecation for equipment owned, since its an
asset? But how would you value an asset to market value? Its not like
a bond or equity, its equipment. Its very subjective.