Paul L. Snyder on 18 Dec 2008 13:39:35 -0800

[PLUG] Still available - FREE Silicon Graphics Indigo2

The taker for the SGI Indigo2 fell through, so I'm tossing this back out
for anyone who is interested.  Please drop me a note offlist if you'd like
to own one of the classic UNIX machines.

Here's a review from the 1993 Personal Computer World:

  "The brand new Indigo2, the latest machine from Silicon Graphics,
  is not your average desktop PC; it is the stuff of dreams.  Its
  turquoise case, crammed with leading edge technology, will set you
  back a mere 34,000 UKP."
        [from http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/pcw5-93i2.html]

Now, owning an Indigo2 will not set you back that much!  I have, in my
dining room, a Silicon Graphics Indigo2 workstation that's been sitting
there for over year and I have reluctantly concluded I'm not going to get
around to getting it set up any time soon.  Thus, I'm offering it to the
first person who will take it off my hands.  Here's a bit more
info about the Indigo2:

  http://www.obsolyte.com/sgi_indigo2/

It comes with keyboard, mouse, monitor, and an Ethernet transceiver.  It
does not have a CD-ROM drive installed.

I was told that the machine was working when it was given to me, but as
I haven't had a chance to get it set up, there are no guarantees.

Free to the first taker.  I can bring it to the next PLUG West meeting, or
a rendevous can be arranged at a mutually convenient location.

Paul