Claude M. Schrader on 18 Dec 2008 14:54:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Need help with Postfix config

I agree that SMTP auth on an alternate port is a good thing, especially
since ISPs are blocking 25 outgoing more these days. However, Port 587 is
the standard port for accepting mail from users.
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2476.txt

You should be able to configure it to accept authenticated users on both
ports without causing a problem, which may help reduce support.

I can't help you specifically set it up, but the commands postconf and
postconf -n should be helpful if you havent used them yet.
Claude

--
Claude M. Schrader, CCNA