JP Vossen on 18 Dec 2008 14:33:50 -0800

[PLUG] Need help with Postfix config

My Covad/Speakeasy went down Monday and isn't back yet, so I've moved my
server to a colo, but I'm a little stuck getting some parts working.
Basically, since it was on a LAN DMZ before, I need to lock it down a bit.

Port 25 was always wide open to the world, so I have Postfix locked down
pretty well for relaying & spam.  Which is the problem.  Now my clients
can't use that server to send outgoing (which I want to do).

I have worked around the problem for now (since you are reading this) by
adding my FiOS IPA to my Postfix 'mynetworks' in /etc/postfix/main.cf,
but that's not an ideal solution for various reasons.  Also, I got
IMAP/SSL working on 993, but have nothing for SMTP yet.  What I *think*
I want to do is leave 25/TCP alone (for incoming mail from Internet
servers) and run SMTP/SSL on 465/TCP, and authenticate users on that
port via PAM for outgoing mail.

Can anyone a) suggest something better or b) provide Postfix config clues?

BTW I have enough points in CACert to get my SSL certs from there, which
I did for the IMAP/SSL and can do for the SMTP/SSL as well.

Thanks,
JP