Casey Bralla on 27 Dec 2008 03:49:13 -0800

Re: [PLUG] meeting followup: ndiswrapper working with 2.6 Kernel

On Friday 26 December 2008 10:11:29 pm edmond rodriguez wrote:

> I had talked at a meeting about some problem with ndiswrapper and the 2.6
> kernel.  ndiswrapper compiled and loaded, but no "blue light" (on my
> machine) and no other indications from typing commands that it was working.

Congratulations on getting the driver to work, but I caution you not to rely
on the "Blue Light" telling you it is working.  I have a Broadcom "B43" card,
and I was able to use the native Linux driver.  I was fooled for a long time
into thinking it wasn't working because the stupid little lights don't work
at all with the Linux driver.  In other words, as I was trying to debug the
installation, I was actually making more progress than I thought because I
kept on expecting to see the blue light.

--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence