edmond rodriguez on 27 Dec 2008 16:36:31 -0800

[PLUG] ndiswrapper WPA success: Re: meeting followup: ndiswrapper working with 2.6 Kernel

I got ndiswrapper and WPA2 to work as I used to have it working quite a
while back with significantly older versions of the kernel and
ndiswrapper.

Well, I could not get the broadcom Linux driver patches to work, I think there are subtle differences between version releases.  I don't think I was using the patch wrong, since it successfully gave me errors and generated a .rej file.   Thanks for the ideas.

******* ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant success: ******

Using this url I tried the configuration again:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-ndiswrapper-wpa_supplicant-howto/
I just kill and run my own dhcpcd's instead of using net up or net down scripts.

I think the main difference amongst the many things I tried is the -D option   I would use -Dndiswrapper, though this doc says -Dwext (with I was not able to get to work earlier).   There are also one or two lines in the config file that may have made a difference.  I recall having trouble using wext in the past, and I'm not totally sure what wext.

My router is set to WPA2-Personal with "TKIP or AES".

This is the configuration file for wpa_supplicant.

----------- /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf-----------

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1