Joe Terranova on 29 Dec 2008 15:50:42 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Re-encode iTunes Files

>> Does anybody know of a good way to decode/re-encode iTunes files into a
>> non-protected format?  (I'm not too worried about losing sound fidelity, so a
>> brute force decode & recode would work.)
>
> There used to be software to sanguinely remove the DRM, but its fallen
> out of utility. The best way to do it now is the whole burn/rip cycle.

Requiem will strip the drm right off of iTunes files. Please note that
this is illegal in several countries, including the US, therefore I
have not tried it. According to its description it works with iTunes
up to version 8.0.1. Here's the link, for informational purposes.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4518884/Requiem_1.8.2_iTunes_DRM_Remover_(Windows_for_iTunes_8.0.1)