Daniel W. Ottey on 29 Dec 2008 17:18:51 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Re-encode iTunes Files

I found a free program on Lifehacker (I think) called DVD Next Copy Iturns.

http://www.dvdnextcopyiturns.com/

It basically adds a virtual CDRW drive to your system so that you can use it to "virtually burn" itunes songs.  The program picks up the "virtual CD" and spits out MP3s.  Wonderful program!

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Joe Terranova <joeterranova@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anybody know of a good way to decode/re-encode iTunes files into a
>> non-protected format?  (I'm not too worried about losing sound fidelity, so a
>> brute force decode & recode would work.)
>
> There used to be software to sanguinely remove the DRM, but its fallen
> out of utility. The best way to do it now is the whole burn/rip cycle.

Requiem will strip the drm right off of iTunes files. Please note that
this is illegal in several countries, including the US, therefore I
have not tried it. According to its description it works with iTunes
up to version 8.0.1. Here's the link, for informational purposes.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4518884/Requiem_1.8.2_iTunes_DRM_Remover_(Windows_for_iTunes_8.0.1)