Michael Lazin on 13 Jan 2009 09:25:10 -0800

Re: [PLUG] slightly off topic: Reverse IP domain lookup

I had no luck with nmap and other things.  This site seems to work better than most, but it still does not seem to get all the domains.  One of my colleagues in Germany sent me the link.  The page is in English:

http://www.bfk.de/bfk_dnslogger_en.html

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Stephen Gran <steve@lobefin.net> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 03:31:33PM -0500, Michael Lazin said:
> Hi, does anyone know of a tool that can be used to find every domain that is
> pointing to an IP?  Website, command line tool, whatever is just fine.

There is no such tool, almost by defintion.  Given a huge number of
domains, and a huge number of RRs within a domain, you have to search
almost all of them to see if they have a record pointing to a given IP.
|  Stephen Gran                  | A friend of mine won't get a divorce,   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | because he hates lawyers more than he   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | hates his wife.                         |

Michael Lazin
To gar auto estin noein te kai enai