Casey Bralla on 14 Jan 2009 18:51:24 -0800

[PLUG] Amavis and Spamassassin

Anybody using amavis to call spamassassin?

I'm setting up a new mail server, and want to use amavis to call spamassassin,
instead of having postfix call spamassassin directly.  I think using amavis
will be "cleaner" and allow for a central spam account to accumulate all the
spam for all my users.

I am confused by one point, however.

I know from previous experience that spamassassin adds the x-spam fields into
the eMail, and will rename the subject line if you hit the spam threshold.
However, it seems that amavis also has settings for these same functions.
Are these amavis settings truly redundant, or does one normally forgo one or
the other?

In other words, does amavis set the spam threshold and label the spam, or does
spamassassin do it?

TIA!
--

Casey Bralla