JP Vossen on 18 Jan 2009 10:46:20 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Recording Phone/Cellular Conversations Linux

> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:54:32 -0500
> From: "Brian Vagnoni" <bvagnoni@v-system.net>

[...]
> This came out of a rant of mine on another forum about how much banks
> suck and that they don't keep their promises.  [...]

Yup.  While I understand you are looking for the technical solution,
there is at least one higher-level solution: don't use banks, use credit
unions.  Banks do whatever is in the interest of their owners, the board
members (and theoretically the stockholders).  Credit unions do the
same, except the owners are also the members, so they are at least
somewhat less evil...  Don't get me started on credit card companies...

[...]
 > Would Asterisk
> better serve me, if so where do I start(yes I have your cookbook JP
> :-).

I did the _bash Cookbook_ which might be helpful in general, though we
don't cover Asterisk at all.  But there *is* an
http://www.asteriskcookbook.com/ that "is for developing and maintaining
the Asterisk Cookbook, to be published by O'Reilly Media, Inc."

Also, Coredial is presenting on (hosted) Asterisk at PANTUG.org for the
Feb. meeting (tentatively), at ITT Tech in KoP.

Good luck,
JP