Eric Hidle on 22 Jan 2009 10:14:36 -0800

[PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

Yet another FiOS thread, I know.

I am considering changing to residential FiOS for Cable and Internet. I'm sure they block certain incoming ports like 25 and 80 (not that it's important to me to run web and mail servers anyway), but what I'd really like to know is - how often does the Dynamic IP change?

I know that with comcast, an IP change is an extremely rare event, even though it's technically "dynamic." Does anyone know if Verizon forces a more frequent IP change, and if so, roughly what the interval is?

Thanks in advance