Steve Morgan on 22 Jan 2009 10:29:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

I too can confirm that the IP changes vary rarely.  In my experience,
the IP has never changed unless due to extended power loss (thusly a
loss of DHCP lease) or change of equipment.  Also, if you do go for
FiOS, make sure the tech installs the internet on the Ethernet port
and not through the Coax (aka MOCA).  I got the Internet & TV package
and had quite the experience getting Internet service switched over to
the Ethernet port.  Not sure how many people out there know that you
can get Internet over Ethernet while also getting TV over Coax.

Regards,

Steve Morgan