Alex Valentine on 22 Jan 2009 11:14:56 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

- Verizon does not do any additional compression, Comcast compresses the
hell out of thei HD video, leading to picture quality issues.

This tread is old, but it gives a lot of good info.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1008271

Personally, I don't use any Verizon provided TV boxes. I just use
cablecards and Tivo HD.

> (Comcast's webmail interface sucks for bottom-posting replies)
>
> How is FIOS TV an improvement over Comcast?  I've been considering the
> switch myself, and the only real drawback is needing multiple decoder
> boxes.  But, if the service is an improvement, then I could live with
> that...

Alex Valentine
http://alexvalentine.org
asv@ivoss.com