Robert Spangler on 24 Jan 2009 19:42:39 -0800

Re: [PLUG] VPN issues

On Saturday 24 January 2009 15:40, JP Vossen wrote:

>  Ummm, I think Art *is* network support.  And the FW admin.  And the
>  server admin.  I might be wrong though.

Ummm since he didn't say any different I did not want to *assume* anything.
This whole thing is really the clients call.  While he cannot communicate
with them via the Internet I am sure the phone still works.  If you require
this setup then you should first talk it over with the client and inform them
that while you believe you have covered your bases the possibility still
exist so that they can make a sound decision.  If you are an employee of said
company then you need to talk things over with your boos and company security
before implementing this.  If this is your company then good luck.

I can tell you if I were the client I would require you to not expose my
network no matter how good/safe you believe you are.

Just because something is easy for you doesn't make it right or safe.

--

Regards
Robert

Linux User #296285