Art Alexion on 30 Jan 2009 04:39:10 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Sendmail and Blackberrys

On 01/29/2009 Brian Vagnoni wrote:
> [...]

It ain't cheap, but I think it pays for itself.  And you often can get
it free through promotions.  We did.  If you do this, you have to plan
ahead carefully to take full advantage of the promo.

BPS handles up to 30 units, and comes with 5 licenses.  It costs about
$600, and then $100/per user license.

BES handles in the tens of thousands of units, and costs $3000 and comes
  with 10 licenses (I believe).  Again, about $100/unit license
thereafter.  Bulk discounts apply, even for "small" bulk purchases.

Verizon gave us a free server and licenses for as many phones as we were
  getting with our initial order.  My suggestion is to buy as many
phones at once as you plan to buy 3 months out or so, to maximize the
free licensing.