Casey Bralla on 31 Jan 2009 11:31:24 -0800

[PLUG] Anybody Using Kde 4.2 Yet?

I posted a mild rant about how terrible KDE 4.1.2 was a few months ago.   I
see that KDE 4.2 is out now, and "all the issues are resolved"

I loaded up the KDE live CD (based on Open SuSE), and most stuff did look
better, but I wasn't able to test the RandR (sideways screen) functions,
since it was greyed out and I couldn't figure out how to activate it.

The buggy nature of the RandR extensions was one of the prime reasons I
trashed 4.1.2, since I always keep my monitor int he "tall" position (much
better for everything except movies and spreadsheets).

Has anybody tried KDE 4.2 yet?  Does the RandR setting work?
--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence