Matt Mossholder on 5 Feb 2009 11:56:08 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Central Syslog

----- "Michael Leone" <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:
> Is this where I get to be a smart mouth and say:
>
> Well, it's Linux. Write one. (Isn't everyone supposed to be skilled
> enough to do that? I know I am not, but I figured that was just a
> personal failing ...)
>
> Oh, and let the rest of us know when it's available ...
>
> :-)

The problem isn't writing a new one.. it is patching every syslog enabled program to use the new system.
Even more problematic to migrate all the apps off of using the braindead, non-customizable facility/priority based message identifier system.