Michael Leone on 11 Feb 2009 06:56:50 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT (but not really): Tough Interview questions

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Floyd Johnson <fljohnson3@isp.com> wrote:
> James Barrett writes:
>
>> As for technical questions, the last interview I went on did not get
>> that far.  The work site ended up being too far away for me to travel.
> Any thoughts as to how to head off THAT pesky problem at the pass?

These days, there's almost always a screening phone call (at the very
least), where they ask you questions, and you're supposed to ask your
questions (what does the job entail, etc). One of the main questions
you ask at that stage is location and your travel time. Only if you
pass the phone screening, do they then (usually) call you in for a
face-to-face. You might find out then that there is travel, or that
you might be expected to rotate among offices or whatever.