jeff on 16 Feb 2009 15:52:51 -0800

[PLUG] Public Service Announcement (Really) - reception info

john@essenz.com wrote:
> The low power PC cards and internal laptop chips are very poor at picking
> up singal inside. A USB high power device with external antenna is ideal.

1. could this be mitigated with just an antenna attached to the internal
card?  One of the DIY sites had some great construction articles using
things like steamers and strainers.

2. what is the approximate coverage area in general?

3. what does one need to log on?  (I'm in the burbs - we don't have this)

Thanks for the updates and info.

--
ThermionicEmissions  -  the blog
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat