Ron Kaye on 13 Feb 2009 07:04:06 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT (but not really): Tough Interview questions

cream wheels of fire
derek and the dominoes layla (live on wolfgangs vault- yes i was there- a bucknell soph at the time)
sorry off topic

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

Eric <eric@lucii.org>
Sent by: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

02/12/2009 04:50 PM
Please respond to
"Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List"        <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>

"Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
cc
Subject
Re: [PLUG] OT (but not really): Tough Interview questions

Hey JP, obviously you're not old enough...
 my response was immediate:
        Abbey Road by the Beatles
  or  Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues
  or  Benefit by Jethro Tull
  or  Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor Op. 67
         performed by the Tonhalle Orchestra, David Zinman conducting
  or ... oh, nevermind - I'm losing count.  _NO ISLANDS FOR ME_ without
my mp3 collection!

Maybe that's why I like the command line: it's so... old.

Eric

JP Vossen wrote:
>  > Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:52:22 -0500
>  > From: jeff <jeffv@op.net>
>  >
>  > "Ok, here is our last question.  I want you to take your time and
>  > think about this very carefully before you answer.  This is a very
>  > important question.   What is your desert island record?"
>
> Do you have any ideas how I many times I read that last sentence trying
> to parse it?  And failing?  Record?  Record for what?  Staying on a
> desert island?  Staying off of one?  Swimming to it?  Something
> Sinfeldian?  WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
>
> Finally I gave up and kept reading, and the "Monkees Greatest Hits"
> answered the question.  Oh, "record," as in, vinyl platter...  Good god,
> you couldn't have said "album" and saved 15 minutes of my life?!?
>
> Later,
> JP
> ----------------------------|:::======|-------------------------------
> JP Vossen, CISSP            |:::======|      http://bashcookbook.com/
> My Account, My Opinions     |=========|      http://www.jpsdomain.org/
> "Microsoft Tax" = the additional hardware & yearly fees for the add-on
> software required to protect Windows from its own poorly designed and
> implemented self, while the overhead incidentally flattens Moore's Law.

#  Eric Lucas
#
#                "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth
#                 And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings...
#                                        -- John Gillespie Magee Jr