Christopher Shanahan on 22 Feb 2009 13:48:12 -0800

Re: [PLUG] ATI Open Source Driver Status

On Sunday 22 February 2009 16:00:02 Casey Bralla wrote:
> Thanks for the good info, Chris. You confirmed what I had thought
> to be the case.
>

> I assume you are using all the goofy 3D effects on KDE 4.2.

Actually, no; I am not. Personally, those goofy effects don't help me
get any work done so I leave them disabled. On my laptop I use some of
the KDE (Kwin) effects, but that's just to get people around me jealous.
That's a good question though. I'll have to enable some of the Kwin
effects - not compiz - and see if they work with dual-monitors. I'll
report back.

> How are you doing the dual monitors? Dual Head or Xinerama?

"SaXDualMode" "Xinerama"
"DesktopSetup" "Horizontal"
"SaXDualResolution" "1440x900"
"SaXDualOrientation" "LeftOf"

> Also, have you tried turning the display 90 degrees with RandR?

I have not. The apps I use dictate that I have my monitors configured horizontally. Maybe I'll try it.

--
Christopher Shanahan
GPG Key: 85B5 228C 8FC1 A457 179C EBFD 0F4F F1A0 A768