Doug Stewart on 24 Feb 2009 18:41:53 -0800

Re: [PLUG] who's managing the manager?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:27 PM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
I use XFCE.  For some reason, some extremely poorly behaved app caused
GNOME to want to own my desktop.  Every time it starts, there's the
GNOME bloody desktop.  When I tell XFCE to manage the desktop, I get a
note that if I don't want XFCE managing the desktop next time, do not
save settings on quitting.

I have tried saving, not saving, and saving while standing on my left
leg on Wednesdays (only), but XFCE doesn't seem to want to start.

I went online and checked XFCE's docs but nothing seems correct.  I
checked xinitrc but it doesn't seem relevant and is never where it's
supposed to be anyway.

I know from past experience (don't ask me how) that it's not a good idea
to remove GNOME pieces.  I have even been in and out of the relevant
hierarchies.

Not like it's the biggest problem I have now, but curiosity... killed
the geek.

What does `switchdesk` say when you run it?

--
-Doug