Art Alexion on 25 Feb 2009 11:14:35 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: cell tower near school

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 10:40:02 am Walt Mankowski wrote:
> I don't know.  What is the point of asking about cell phone towers
> (and referencing people in Britain) for a Philadelphia Linux Users
> Group?  Surely there are better places to find out such information.
>
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:02:10AM +0900, kamiza103@yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> > I don't know if the towers run Linux.  What is the point of an OT thread
> > if the topic were Linux on cell towers?  (I would definitely object to
> > children being exposed to radio-active Linux kernels.)

Regarding concern over transmissions from cell towers from people habitually
holding handsets to their brains: as the song says, "Everybody wants to go to
heaven, but nobody wants to die."

Regarding this and other OT posts: Lets not consume more bandwidth grousing
about it than that used by the OT discussion itself.  Don't like OT posts,
marked as such, in kmail (a Linux MUA) ctrl+del, in Evolution (another Linux
MUA) ctrl+h, del, in thunderbird (a multi-platform MUA with a Linux version)
shift+ctrl+a, del.  I don't know the hot key combo that Apple Mail (not a
Linux MUA) app uses.