Art Alexion on 27 Feb 2009 10:18:18 -0800

Re: [PLUG] mini-HOWTO: mp3fs

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 07:30:16 pm Mark M. Hoffman wrote:
> WHY DO I WANT IT?
>
> I store all my music in the FLAC format; it is a lossless format that is
> supported by all the Linux apps I care about.  However, most consumer
> devices (mp3 players, newer TVs, game systems, etc) that can play music
> from network storage do not support FLAC at all.  The mp3fs filesystem
> allows me to use all of these other devices without re-encoding my whole
> library - it saves a lot of time and storage at the small cost of a bit of
> CPU time while reading the file.

I have an iTouch.  I have not been successful synching it with Linux, though
that is where my music resides.  I am lucky in that at work I have a windows
computer with iTunes that I use, with my LInux music directory shared and
aliased to a windows drive letter.

I am wondering if I can share this "virtual file system" so that *it* is
accessible on the windows box as well.