Paul L. Snyder on 1 Mar 2009 11:21:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Wish list for PLUG talks

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:

> Here are talks that I would love to attend if any brave volunteers
> care to present:

>  - Coreboot (coreboot.org) [...]
>  - Secure scripting  [...]
>  - The Tux3 file system (tux3.org)

I'd extend this to any of the next-gen file systems: BtrFS, ZFS,
Hammer...any of these could be a  great talk topic, if anyone has been
doing some experimentation.

Thanks, Bhaskar...these all sound like great topics.  Anyone been playing
around with any of these and feel like jumping in?  We do need a topic for
next month....

> In turn, I can volunteer to do a presentation on M/DB (see
> mgateway.com - a software appliance intended to be plug-compatible
> with Simple DB so that you can move applications between the cloud and
> your server).

Sounds like good stuff.  Want to set a date?

Thanks!
Paul