Art Alexion on 1 Mar 2009 14:06:09 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Weatherbug for Linux

On Sunday 01 March 2009 15:14:05 Chad Waters wrote:
> What does it offer that is not in any of the appletsplugins available
> for Gnome/KDE/xfce/windowmaker/etc/firefox?

Detail, accuracy and configurability.

> Is weather.com actually giving you data from Willow Grove Naval Air
> and saying its Chalfont?

Not unless I enter my zip code as 19090.  As close as it is, Willow Grove NAS
tends to be windier and colder than the reality here.  Not as inaccurate as
Wings Field in Blue Bell.  Actually NE Phila. Airport gives the most accurate
though it is farther away than Willow Grove.

> Thats what NOAA at weather.gov gives me
> http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Glenside&state=PA&site=PH
>I&textField1=40.1028&textField2=-75.1526&e=0

But NOAA does not provide an app, I need to check the web site periodically.