Adam Zion on 2 Mar 2009 09:42:12 -0800

[PLUG] More external HD fun

OK, folks, now things are getting interesting.

I upgraded to Mandriva 2007.1, + now the harddrake2 application *does*
show an external HD on USB... except w/o a device name that I can use
to mount it.

Here's what I get from harddrake2:

Identification

Vendor: Western Digital

Media class: Mass Storage|SCSI|Bulk (Zip)

Connection
Bus: USB

Bus PCI #:4

PCI device #: 2

Vendor ID: 0x1058

Device ID: 0x1003

Sub vendor ID: 0x0000

Sub device ID: 0x0000

Misc
Module: usb-storage

All of this is, as far as I can see, 100% accurate. But I don't see a
device which I could use to mount the drive + use it. As I've said,
when I connect this drive to the built-in USB 1.0 port, I see it  as
sda, but when I connect it to the additional USB 2.0 port, I get this,
w/o any device that I can use to mount.

Thoughts?