mdecheser on 3 Mar 2009 15:02:03 -0800

Re: [PLUG] systemtap-runtime warning during RHEL 5.3 yum update

Thanks for the information.  As a follow-up, I used rpm2cpio to look at the package guts and saw no shell scripts within that might potentially conflict with yum itself.  That was a great suggestion, though; it eliminated script conflicts as a potential cause.

Since this is a production server, I've already scheduled a redux for later this week.  The plan is to clear the yum cache, pull down the rpm again from RHN, and reinstall it to see what happens.

This is most likely "Just One Of Those Things(tm)".

Regards,

_md