Brian Vagnoni on 8 Mar 2009 11:36:02 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

So I finally made it up my parents house the other day; I know shame on me. I was very surprised to find a slightly different FiOS device in their house then what I'm use to seeing in some of the other places & posts. I didn't have my camera on me so sadly I don't have any pictures. Will be sure and get them next time for folks here. Perhaps John S. can  shed some light on what I saw. This unit was on the inside of the home and was complete with battery backup for the telephone part of the triple play. It looked like it could do both Ethernet and MoCA right out of the box. Sorry I'm so lame I didn't have my laptop on me either(I know what good am I :-) ), so I can't verify that. Again next time for sure.

They did a good job despite the old 24 - 32 pair CAT 3 PBx cable my parents had in their house. It took 2 people four hours to complete the job. Maybe it's the economy but I've been having good experiences with Verizon personnel lately myself. Working with Barfly systems lately and we had seven xDSL lines all go in as promised by Verizon.

Barfly is also using OSS and the system runs on Ubuntu with an Extron scaler(PIP with RSS Ad feeds) performing virtually real time data manipulation of the base band cable TV signal. Very cool stuff.