Brian Vagnoni on 19 Mar 2009 17:48:36 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT Verizon FiOS?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH; my parents are driving me nuts about this. Sorry tension breaker had to be done.

FiOS at the rents house is doing weird stuff and just wondering if it's them or some thing else.

Symptom:

My folks change a channel on the box, the channel changes but the guide information stays on the old channel for up to 6 - 10 seconds. In other words the guide info at the bottom of the screen is lagging the tuned channel.

To you and me this mite seem insignificant, to folks that don't understand technology this apparently is throw Verizon out of the house worthy.

Verizon has been out and changed the Actiontek Router.  Why I'm not sure considering their computer is sitting on my desk waiting for parts. What the modem has to do with the TV information bar at the bottom of their TV's is a mystery to me. I suggested since it is common to all TV's perhaps it's the ONT, or an issue on Verizon's network.

So my question is do other people see this behavior, is this a common FiOS behavior?

They have 6 TV's(2 people live there, that's another mystery to me) with a mix of full boxes and converters, plus phone, plus internet.

Thanks in advance.