JP Vossen on 23 Mar 2009 12:51:15 -0700

[PLUG] PasswordSafe & Klipper (was Re: Wine and winetricks)

 > Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:11:57 -0700 (PDT)
 > From: Edmond Rodriguez <erodrig_97@yahoo.com>

[...]
 > If someone is sharing a computer, maybe a bit insecure to have the
 > passwords of PasswordSafe copied to the clip board.  It shows up on my
 > Klipper of KDE and does not get removed.   I don't mind, but I would
 > be cautious if another was using my machine and new how I was managing
 > my passwords.

Interesting.  I only use Gnome so I'm not familiar with Klipper, but it
does sound like that could be a problem.  It seems like Klipper is very
configurable; I wonder if that could be worked around somehow.  Though
that begs the question of how to recognize a "password" if you are using
good ones...

I know both Gnome and KDE have various built-in password managers; I
wonder how they deal with this?  I use PasswordSafe for historical and
(sort-of) cross-platform reasons.

Later,
JP