CMS on 25 Mar 2009 16:24:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT - data recovery service?

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 17:11:39 Julien Mills wrote:
> All,
>
> > if the bios still recognizes it, either a live disk or
> > Spinrite can help.
>
> The bios doesn't recognize, neither does a live disk.

Are you hearing any sounds coming from the hard drive when you attempt
to access it? Any clicking? If you do, STOP. You're doing more harm. If
not, you can proceed with some of the tips others have provided just use
caution and monitor the hard drive while you're working on it.

As someone else suggested, remove the hard drive from the laptop and try
it with an external case. Before you spend a lot of money with a data
recovery company you could also try another controller board. Just make
sure its an exact match for your current controller board (eBay). I've
swapped controller boards and recovered data many times. Its fairly
straight forward. And yes, sometimes the freezer really does work.

--
Christopher Shanahan
GPG Key: 85B5 228C 8FC1 A457 179C EBFD 0F4F F1A0 A768