Mag Gam on 26 Mar 2009 04:23:55 -0700

[PLUG] scientific computing data formats

hi,

I have been investigating data formats for the  research I have been
conducting. At the moment, I am storing everything in csv files and
the present directory structure is:
species/family/order/class/phylum/kingdom/domain

I looked into hdf5 (http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/),  and was wondering
if anyone had any thoughts about it? I have managed to move some of my
data over but I mistakenly corrupted the file. I tried to retrieve the
data but I no luck.

Does anyone have an alternative? or should I purse hdf5 again?

TIA