Lee Marzke on 3 Apr 2009 11:00:43 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Memory Questions - Advice Needed

For performance comparison it gets worse.

Here are article on Speed vs Latency specs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/tight-timings-high-clock-frequencies,1236.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_timings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_latency

Guess this is why servers recommend specific RAM parts.

Lee

Casey Bralla wrote:
My old accounting professor said that the answer to every accounting question was "it depends". I guess 1 technical field is just like another <grin>

Thanks for the reference to the article.  It helped a lot!