K.S. Bhaskar on 7 Apr 2009 19:21:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] most common web dev technology in the Philly region?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Josh Goldstein <oopjosh@yahoo.com> wrote:

[KSB] <...snip...>

> EWD? WTF? That looks like just a bunch of buzz words, promoted by the people
> who sell consulting services for it.  And the person who recommended it
> doesn't even do web programming?  If anyone has any concrete examples of how
> it's better than Django or PHP, I'd love to see them.

[KSB] No, EWD has not reached the mass market.  From what I have been
told, it is
in use at a large nationwide diagnostic lab services provider (the
kind of place where
one goes for blood tests) and supports 20-30,000 concurrent users in
daily production
use.  Also, because of HIPAA regulations, that implementation undergoes annual
penetration testing by one of the large ethical cracking outfits, and
passes the tests
every year.

It is promoted by the guys who sell consulting and training services
for it.  It's also
dual licensed.  That's a common business model in the FOSS world.

Note: EWD is not a toolkit.  It is intended for use with a toolkit
such as ExtJS.

Regards
-- Bhaskar