Alex Launi on 14 Apr 2009 14:49:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] gnome-do

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
What feature(s) do you like the most?

I should probably preface this response with the information that I'm one of the GNOME Do developers.

favourite feature #1:
that I wrote a good hunk of the code :P

My favourite plugins:
SSH- Index my ssh hosts and let me connect to that machine in <5 keystrokes
Twitter- Update my twitter/identi.ca and see my friends' tweets
window manager- maximize, minimize, focus, rearrage, all kinds of stuff. Too much to list in how short I'm trying to keep these bullets.
index my music collection and control playback- from banshee, rhythmbox, mpd, xmms2, and i think a couple others. I'm a banshee user so that's the only one i care about personally.
files & folders- index the files and folders I use often so I can access them in again, usually <5 keystrokes.
google calendar- create, and view my events
contacts- index and let me communicate with my pidgin, GMail, evolution, or thunderbird contacts.
pastebin- select text, or send whole files to the pastebin of my choice, and give me the link so I can put into irc or whatever.
web search- do a websearch from anyone of the firefox search providers.

and obviously to launch applications.

there are many more, those are just the ones that I use daily and basically can't use my computer without.

--
--Alex Launi