Douglas Muth on 22 Apr 2009 14:58:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] It's happening. Mac Viruses

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Edmond Rodriguez <erodrig_97@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It's happening, I wonder what this means for Linux?
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/04/22/first.mac.botnet/index.html

I'm not *too* worred since technically, it's a trojan, due to it
having been placed in a specific pirated version of iWork, and does
not replicate on it's own.  Viruses replicate on their own.

On the subject of trojans, this already *has* happened for Linux.  In
2002, there was a trojaned copy of Sendmail making the rounds:

Will we see actual viruses for the Mac that can infect other programs,
or malware that can infect other machines?  I'll leave that to someone
who understands the inner workings of the OS better than I do to
answer that one...

-- Doug