Bill East on 12 May 2009 03:55:29 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: Switches

I'll put in a vote for HP. We have (for a small site) extensive VLANing happening through our IDF, MDF and branch switches. While our routers are all Cisco, the HP switches blow Cisco away for price per port and you never have to buy a service contract for them (lifetime warranty). Their interface is IOSish but they support standards more and Cisco proprietary protocols less.