JP Vossen on 11 May 2009 13:21:36 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OpenStreetMap mapping party next weekend (5/16-17)

> Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 13:10:59 -0400
> From: Greg Helledy <gregsonh@gra-inc.com>
>
> I prefer to be the only intelligence involved in
> operating my vehicle.

If only we *could* always assume that the operator was intelligent!
Sadly, you only have to drive around to see that is very often not the
case.  (Except for list members, of course...  :)

The most mild case I can think of is the hill on 422 W just below the
Rt29 exit.  In any kind of >moderate traffic there is invariably a
backup at the bottom because people are too %&*$ing stupid to maintain
speed.  So they slow down on the hill and cause the accordion effect,
thus eventually bringing the traffic around the Oaks exit to a dead
stop.  For. No. Reason. But. A. HILL!!!

It only gets worse from there, and I'm not going to raise my blood
pressure any more by thinking about it.

Now, for a totally lame attempt to bring this back on topic, there is a
funny rant about RMS being stuck in traffic at some convention, and
having the same kind of reaction.  I suspect a lot of folks on the list
are similarly affected.  (I won't bring up the dread automatic-vs.-stick
discussion again even though that really was on-topic if you read it all
and watched the video clip. :)

Ducking,
JP