David A. Harding on 12 May 2009 10:22:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OpenStreetMap mapping party next weekend (5/16-17)

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 04:21:24PM -0400, JP Vossen wrote:
> (I won't bring up the dread automatic-vs.-stick discussion again even
> though that really was on-topic if you read it all and watched the
> video clip. :)

Praeteritio:

    Part of speech: noun

    Definition: An ancient Greek figure of speech used to introduce a
                subject by claiming not to introduce it. Usually used
		by a speaker to introduce something that would be
		impolitic to introduce directly.

    Example: Today, on the PLUG mailing list, J.P. used praeteritio to
	     spill gasoline on an extinguished flame war about
	     automobile transmissions. Owners of all types of cars
	     promptly ran J.P. off the road at the bottom of a hill on
	     422 West.

:),

-Dave
--