Neill R on 28 May 2009 10:16:40 -0700

Re: [PLUG] linux backups and bare metal restore

We use Backup Exec 11d remote agent for linux unix servers. After
restoring system directories like home, etc, bin, opt , boot we tried
rebooting. The kernels were restored and started loading however we
were hung up rigth after the LVM screen. The system recognized all the
luns on our san but froze at the part of bootup where it says

Red Hat nash starting
   Reading all physical volumes
   Found volume group VolGroup00 using lvm2
   2 logical volumes now active

The next step in this process is to mount the root filesystem , but
the box hangs here indefinitely and I am not sure what I missed in the
process.

Thanks for your help!