Neill R on 28 May 2009 03:30:39 -0700

[PLUG] linux backups and bare metal restore

 We take a full OS level backup of our linux systems each night. I now
am tasked with doing a bare metal restore. My plan of installing the
base OS and the backup exec agent and dumping down all data
directories did not work (/etc. /home /usr /bin /lib)

Anyone have experience with this?

We run RHEL on HP DL580 hardware, HP SAN, Qlogic cards, etc,
etc....pretty nice systems, real crappy backup tools. (Backup Exec 11D
and RALUS)

Thanks in advance