Chad V on 28 May 2009 12:39:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Central PA Open Source Conference 2009 - Interesting speakers wanted!

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 01:38, John Mulligan <john@thinkhole.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm with the Central PA Linux User Group (CPLUG) and we are running
> another Central PA Open Source Conference (CPOSC) this year on October
> 17, 2009 in Harrisburg, PA (about 2 hours from Philly).
>
> I wanted to extend an invitation to PLUG members to submit a talk
> proposal during the Call for Participation. If you (or someone you know)
> would like to speak at the conference, please see the details below!
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> * * * Call for Participation * * *
>
> CPOSC, the Central PA Open Source Conference, is a one-day, multi-track,
> low-cost conference about all things open source: software, programming,
> operating systems, community and more. It will take place on Saturday,
> October 17th at the new Harrisburg University campus in Harrisburg, PA.
>
> Last year’s presentations ranged from development/coding to content
> management to open source in the workplace. We had talks on Asterisk,
> Blender, network security, Google’s Android, community involvement,
> honeybees and electric fences, and everything in between! Having a wide
> variety of topics all related to open source ensures that there is
> something for everyone throughout the day.
>
> You can read more about the conference at http://cposc.org
>
> We are looking for interesting speakers and talks! Instructions on how
> to submit talk proposals can be found here:
>
>   http://www.cposc.org/speakers/speaker-faq
>
> The submission deadline is July 10, 2008.

I went to last years conference and it was very well put on and did
not cost very much to attend.  I think $30 or so.  Breakfast & Lunch
were provided, along with plenty of drinks & snacks available in
between talks.  They had 3 possible courses to attend during all 8
time slots and some were tough to decide between.

It's definitely worth the drive or train ride.

Chad