Toby DiPasquale on 4 Jun 2009 07:33:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] open source "hosted exchange"

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
> I support about 20 users in a satelite office who require a hosted groupware
> service.  For philosophical reasons, I'd prefer to use an open source based
> provider, but for pragmatic reasons, I'll take recommendations on a
> local "hosted exchange" provider.
>
> Requirements include remote access to contacts and calendars in addition to
> email, and shared resources as well.  Remote handheld support would be nice,
> but not necessary.
>
> Other considerations include HIPAA level privacy.  I will go with a national
> provider, but would rather deal locally.

You should take a look at one of the many Zimbra providers for this.
They have BlackBerry and ActiveSync and Outlook interop, usually as
extras. There are many so you should be able to find one that meets
most of your specs.

--
Toby DiPasquale