Michael Bevilacqua on 10 Jun 2009 16:14:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] tcsh, csh, ksh, zsh not pre-installed in Fedora?...

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:10 PM, David A. Harding <dave@dtrt.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 03:48:20PM -0400, JP Vossen wrote:

> the major difference between Debian and Red Hat is the packager, APT
> (Advanced Package Tool) for Debian and derivatives and RPM (Red Hat
> Package Manager) for RH and children.

To be fair, APT is to YUM what DPKG is RPM.  Comparing APT to RPM is as
unfair as comparing YUM to DPKG.  (My goodness, that's a lot of
abbreviations.)

Yes, the programs are similar, but one of the key strengths in APT remains in the thousands of stable packages tested over years. Just thought that should be mentioned.

--
Michael D. Bevilacqua
michael@bevilacqua.us